Research assistant - salary grade E13 TV-L
The main focus of your work is to perform the research tasks within the framework of the research project Smart Event Forecast for Seaports (SMECS). The project will focus on agile multimodal and international container transport networks in and around seaports, which increasingly face global competition. The research project makes a significant contribution to the expansion of the ports in Germany through intelligent transport regulation in the three fields of action - digitization and IT-based networking, resource efficiency through improved handling and security of supply.
The aim of the project is the realization of a cross-model forecasting tool and a risk management model for a real-time reliability management by means of resource-efficient use of existing capacities. Based on these models, improved forecast availability is to be achieved in case of disturbances occurring along the transport network. Additionally, alternative actions for transport control are to be determined so that the efficiency and robustness of the overall system can be increased. This helps to increase transparency and flexibility and supports rapid decision-making. Ecological and economic inefficiencies through ad-hoc solutions are minimized by the developed approach. Particular emphasis is placed on the practical relevance and usability of the results.
As the TU Berlin will lead the research consortium for SMECS, the overall project management and integration of the associated partners belongs to your responsibilities. The publication and presentation of the research results at (inter-)national conferences and congresses is just as much a part of your work as their transfer into the teaching of the logistics department of the TU Berlin.
- successfully completed university degree (Diplom, Master or equivalent) in a field related to the position (economic engineering, economic mathematics or economic informatics)
- in-depth knowledge and first practical experience in logistics, preferably in the field of transport logistics or port logistics
- experience in project management
- competent handling of MS Office applications as well as experience with XML, data analytics and forecasting methods are desirable
- excellent language skills (minimum requirement: Business-fluent German and English)
- high performance, teamwork and flexibility
Application deadline: 11.08.2017
Technische Universität Berlin