Research Assistant (m/f, 20 hours/week, 12,70 €/hour, to start in September 2018)
One of our professors (Martin Schweinsberg) is seeking a highly motivated research assistant. The research assistant is ideally a (research) master’s student who considers applying for a PhD and wants to get some research experience. The research assistant could potentially become a co-author on certain research projects depending on type and extent of contribution made.
(m/f, 20 hours/week, 12,70 €/hour, to start in September 2018)
As Research Assistant you will
- work with data sets using programs such as R, SPSS, Stata, and Excel
- help prepare experimental materials
- conduct literature reviews
- engage in project management for research projects across multiple time zones and countries with researchers from around the world
- possibly help prepare teaching materials and some (very little) administrative work
You are qualified because you
- bachelor’s degree in economics, maths, engineering, psychology, or another business-related field
- strong analytical skills and ability to work with at least one of the following: R, SPSS, Stata and/or Excel
- fluent in English; German is not required although a bonus
- strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- are flexible and enjoy working on research projects with different scholars
This is what we can offer you
We offer one of the most international working environments in a historic building in the heart of Berlin. As a member of our team, you find an open-minded, collegial, and inspiring atmosphere. At ESMT Berlin, communication channels are short and hierarchies are flat. You will have the unique opportunity to profit from our extensive database and our facilities for your own studies.
At ESMT Berlin, we highly value teamwork and a stable work environment based on mutual trust. To establish this, we try to keep fluctuation as low as possible. Thus, please note that preference will be given to applicants who would be available as student assistants for at least 1 year without interruption.
|We are looking forward to receiving your application in English or German via e-mail (Subject: RSA, MS), including:
Human Resources Manager
Tel.: 030 21231 0
ESMT Berlin, Schlossplatz 1, 10178 Berlin
European School of Management and Technology