Research assistant - 0.85 working time - salary grade E13 TV-L Berliner Hochschulen
Questions about the relation of quality infrastructure (metrology, standardization, conformity assessment, accreditation) and economic development, sustainability and technological change are becoming more important. The research at TU Berlin aims to contribute to the development of conceptual and empirical basics for the analyses and quantification of the above mentioned relations. The objective is to establish a detailled database about the the impacts of quality infrastructure in order to provide support for development policies. The research will be conducted at the Chair of Innovation Economics, but in close cooperation with the department “International Cooperation” at the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt in Braunschweig.
- Review of the impact assessments in the area of quality infrastructure
- Setting up a database about quality infrastructure as basis for economic analyses
- Performance of surveys and participation in workshops with project partners and experts in Germany and outside Europe
- Contributions to the further development of contents and methodologies of the lecture „Quality Infrastructure Management“ at the TU Berlin
- Presentation of research results at international conferences and drafting of scientific publications
- Possibility of doctorate
- Successfully completed university degree (Master or Diploma) in economics or social sciences, additional knowledge in natural and engineering sciences are beneficial
- Mastery of relevant empirical research methods and statistics; very sound knowledge of commonly used statistical software (e.g. Stata or R)
- Willingness to familiarize with the topic of quality infrastructure
- Interest in topics of development cooperation study abroad and internships desirable
- Sole responsible working, high level of commitment and readiness for national or international business trips
- Social competences; good communication skills; fluent German and English knowledge in word and writing
How to apply:
Please send your written application with the reference number and the usual documents to Technische Universität Berlin - Der Präsident - Fakultät VII, Institut für Technologie und Management, FG Innovationsökonomie, Prof. Dr. Blind, Sekr. MAR 2-5, Marchstraße 23, 10587 Berlin or by e-mail to email@example.com.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired.
Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Please send copies only. Original documents will not be returned.
Application deadline: 27.07.2018
Technische Universität Berlin